Friday, September 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Point

Over Labor Day weekend we went to Utah to visit Kristin, Joe, their kids (and new baby Kate!!!) and Ben and Andrea! Mom, Dad, Liz, Sarah, and Michael got to come too, so it was really fun to see the whole family! :)
We were going to go to Lagoon while we were there, but my chiropractor told me not to ride the roller coasters. So, it was pretty much pointless to go, because what else do you do at Lagoon?
So instead we went to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point, and it was really cool! We had a great time!

Here's the front entrance.

We found a cave! Hmm, maybe we can live here? It'll be closer to lots of family.... ;)



Liz and Sarah! Cute sistas!


Brandon's new friend. ;)



Aw, what a cute wittle dinosaur!

Ha ha! They found some dinosaur things to put on your back so you can "dress up" like one! Kind of funny really. They look good though, huh? I especially enjoy Michael's face!

"Are you asking for a challeeeeenge?!?!" Ha ha, can you guess who says that?

A pretty impressive T-Rex! Funny thing though is that yes, they are really big, but they actually aren't as big as they portray them on TV. I figure that if I would have been standing up on the rock it was on, I would come to it's thigh, which is big, but not as gigantic as the movies make it out to be.

A Velociraptor (not sure if I spelled that right).


This was soooooo cool! It's a giant sea turtle!


Ha ha, this one's for Brandon's brother Matthew! He has some joke thing about Llamas, and this looks like a prehistoric Llama (although I'm not sure if it really is...)


And here's its skeleton.


This dinosaur was sooooooo cool! There were two long necks (sorry, I can't remember the real name...thanks for making me look dumb Land Before Time...) and they stretched across the room they were so big! It was awesome! This one is trying to eat me!!! ;)


This is what I was looking up at. Pretty cool!

They have this part where you can design your own dino. We used every single part that they had!



Aaaaaahhh!!! My nightmares from Jaws have come true!!!! ;)

Brandon gives the shark a high five!


Brandon assists in helping to slay the Mammoth!

And this is what they do to you if you touch the exhibits...j/k!

Such fun! I love museums!

1 comment:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

GREAT pictures! Looks like the dino museum was a blast. Way to be creative with the poses and stories from your pics. Thanks for sharing!

Joe & Kristin